Cross-Geographical & Cultural Team Integration | Strategic Business Unit Development & Execution
Metrics-focused Business Analyst skilled with achieving operational efficiency, along with increasing revenue in the B2B SaaS and Enterprise Software industry. Expert with business intelligence, data analysis, business process reengineering, and asset management. Uses root cause analysis to recognize issues and develop process improvements that lead to cost savings. Exceptional planning, coordination and implementation capabilities with an indelible reputation for delivering inventive business strategies and client-focused solutions. Ability to act as liaison between IT and line management.
APPLICATION AND SOFTWARE EXPOSURE
CX, Allegiance, SatMetrix
|Microsoft Excel||Tableau||Hubspot, Marketo, Optimizely||Agile / SCRUM|
|Microsoft SQL||MicroStrategy||Joomla, WordPress, Shopify||Spanish, English, French|
|Microsoft PowerPoint||SAS, SPSS, Weka||Photoshop, Indesign, Captivate||Secret Secrurity Cleared|
|Microsoft Visio||Sharepoint||Google Analytics||Willing to Relocate|
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE & ACHIEVEMENTS
Adobe Systems Incorporated, Canada, Oct 2013 – Dec 2015
Adobe Systems Incorporated is an American multinational computer software company headquartered in San Jose, California, United States. The company focuses in the creation of multimedia, creativity and Internet application software. Adobe Systems Incorporated has revenue of $4.15B (as of November 30, 2014), a market cap of $38.98B (as of November 30, 2014) and over 13.000 employees worldwide.
Business Analyst, Customer Insights and Analytics, Americas
Initially hired to provide strategic business support to LATAM Licensing and Compliance Organization; less than 1 year later, promoted to provide support to the Americas region. Reported to the Global BI & Decision Support Head, managed two direct reports and supported fifty seven (57) field consultants. Supported annual regional quota of $125M
Responsible for ensuring the effectiveness of the Americas License and Compliance operation through reporting, metrics management, driving improvements associated with Key Process Indicators. Acted as the primary resource to the Americas Regional Licensing and Compliance and Finance Directors for business case planning, operational and financial modeling related to strategic initiatives and decision support. Key member of taskforce responsible for design, implementation, and testing automation of operational processes.
Provided analytical support to the Adobe’s L&C organization using SQL, SAS, SPSS, Excel and BI tools by creating and setting data sets, merging, formatting and transforming data.
- Managed data consolidation and automation from DBs, SQL, MicroStrategy, Tableau, media platforms, publishers, web analytics, and CRM Salesforce platform to enable an integrated view of the data.
- Conducted deep-dive customer data analyses, business analytics, statistical tests, data mining.
- Defined functional and technical requirements, modeled business processes while applying structured and object-oriented analytic techniques
- Defined key performance measures, selected and implemented of various BI tools and Data Analytics (data architecture, governance and strategy definition and implementation of integration tools)
- Worked with Project Managers to financially quantify risks and opportunities related to project; maintained various PMO project management tools including project tracking and on-going documenting.
- Performed product penetration ratios, competitive, trends, productivity, and ROI analyses. Built impact matrices, moment of truth (MOT).
- Provided demos and PowerPoint decks on Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR’s), performance scorecards, roles, goal attainment, quotas/commission/compensation plans, territory alignment, briefing materials and others.
- Produced tip sheets, implementation user guides, dashboards cheat sheets and other training resources to accelerate user/employee adoption.
- Maintained Adobe SharePoint up-to-date to support the team
- Provided ad hoc analysis, training and reporting upon management request
Identified, tracked, and oversaw sales operations activities in all pre-post implementation of SaaS adoption: Developed, published, and monitored weekly, monthly, and quarterly performance dashboards for various audiences – from field consultants to specialists to executives.
- Analyzed weekly sales pipeline, budget variances, lead conversions, wins and losses, account development and retention, and type of sales and services to determine trends, inefficiencies, and areas requiring attention to increase sales effectiveness.
- Interacted directly with senior business stakeholders to develop an accurate and realistic annual budget, quarterly forecast, annual account planning and determine L&C market opportunity.
- Prepared monthly, quarterly and annual variance analysis of the forecast and actual results versus plan and prior periods using analytical tools. Owned weekly, quarterly, and annual product unit forecast meetings.
- Qualified and generated L&C leads and determined most effective service category, scope and approach through data mining, interpretation of license agreements, analysis of transaction history and understanding customer / partner: Proposed multi-million-dollar account for engagement which resulted in the largest closed WON deal for the compliance organization in LATAM. Deal worth $3.5 Million.
Redesigned, implemented and documented business processes to cater Adobe’s new subscription model:
- Developed a SaaS Customer Experience Health Check Model to improve existing WW Customer Profiling Process.
- Automated Licensing and Compliance Audit Client Notification process via Salesforce. Decreased client’s response time from ten (10) business days to three (3) business days. Notified clients on behalf of LATAM L&C Head of an upcoming software licensing engagement: Coordinated kick-off call with field consultants.
- Increased customer response and engagement rate from 2% to 20% within six months: Re-engineered and automated customer satisfaction measurement process and gathered customer feedback by deploying multilingual online surveys via Salesforce/Allegiance.
Improved decision-making and drove improvements and innovations: Implemented and owned WW L&C Customer Satisfaction (CSATs) and Escalation programs and liaised with other internal organizations to understand business processes and customer satisfaction issues. Owned monthly insights, analytics, reporting and led monthly meeting on NPS metrics and Customer Experience (CEM) programs.
- Implemented, automated and managed Adobe License Management “Voice of the Customer” (VoC) program to capture and synthesize customer feedback.
- Led Allegiance implementation and mapped client requirements to blueprint a Customer Success and Experience Management program: Closed the loop on issues and turn at-risk customers into advocates within 72 hours.
- Built customer segmentation models including Key Driver Analysis, Sentiment Analysis, Customer Effort/Easiness analysis (CES) to identify the value and behaviours of customers and predict risk exposure of SaaS adoption
- Partnered with management to develop adoption/usage, onboarding, and renewal digital campaigns.
FigBytes Inc, Ottawa, Canada Jan 2013 – Sep 2013
Business Development Consultant, LATAM
Provided consulting services to lead efforts in building and executing account strategies and the client relationships in existing and new regional / key accounts at all levels in the LATAM region. Conducted marketing functions including development of marketing collateral in both traditional and on-line formats. Created messaging documents through social media to drive demo requirements.
- Supported sales activities by providing Pre-Sales/Business Analyst functions to capture customer solution requirements, and created use cases and workflow scenarios.
- Executed lead nurturing programs and liaise with key prospects through various marketing strategies throughout the technology buying cycle. Tracked lead activity into the CRM / Salesforce contact management database.
- Performed SWOT, needs, root-case analyses to assess and mitigate risk by collecting data concerning performance problems, identifying integration issues, and determining how to efficiently support customer solution.
BMI Inc., Canada Jun 2012 – Sep 2013
Marketing Business Developer
Devised, developed and delivered a comprehensive strategic and tactical plan for business development, income generation and awareness-raising for BMI. Raised the organization’s media profile in Canada by defining and managing the communication strategy (digital, social, mobile, print, event).
Streamlined Operational Processes: Worked closely with senior leadership to design, document, implement and automate operational business processes; established performance metrics, implemented weekly training sessions, and developed mandatory safety briefings for all site visitors.
- Planned and executed the firm-wide, Salesforce system automation, prepared and merged business requirements and trained staff on optimal use, resulting in a 39% improvement in sales activities.
- Led firm-wide initiative to implement marketing automation, which resulted in 130% return on investment in the 1st year and 14% growth in the 5000-email local address database.
- Generated leads for the sales representatives and produced weekly report on sales pipeline including prospects, quote, sales, win rates and sales campaigns
- Prepared research, documented services scope and formulated SLA on RFP, RFQ, SOW requirements, Invitation to Tender (ITT), Standing Offers, Supplier Arrangements and Point Rated Evaluation Criteria.
Increased company’s brand recognition by 27% in 2012: Built a comprehensive digital marketing and social media strategy that included a new website design, social media platform integration, brochures, informative articles, tip sheets, emails campaigns, newsletters, video marketing, blog posts, etc.
- Owned the roadmap budget for the digital marketing and social media tools in use on the Company’s sites, directing social media tool integration.
- Redesigned company’s website and implemented Joomla Content Management System (CMS) solution to facilitate Salesforce Created, developed and managed website content.
- Performed Search Engine Marketing (SEM) to acquire and retain customers. Performed keyword research and on-page SEO.
- Planned, managed, executed and measured A/B and multivariate tests to optimize conversion rates and improve user experience: Increased website traffic by 53% and user downloads by 71%.
- Executed Google Analytics and AdWords & PPC Campaigns to increase Google Ranking from page 5 to page 1 within the first six months of website redesign.
- Coordinated the planning of marketing and social media campaigns, ensuring customer acquisition and supporting monetization across the company’s portfolio.
- Administered licenses and track usage of marketing enablement tools for global sales teams (ie ToutApp, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Google+, Vine)
- Designed and launched PR marketing campaigns to hone BMI’s corporate social responsibility, which resulted in BMI been honoured with the BSCAI 2012 Safety Award.
- Produced and distributed montly newsletter.
- Designed advertisements and other promotional material
- Coordinated production of printed and online ads in target journals and websites.
- Monitored and commented on trends in marketing, social media trends and application, acting as company spokesperson within the Facility industry.
SAGETEA GROUP, Canada Jan 2012 – Jun 2012
A start-up Technology firm specializing in Codeless Technology which enables developers and business analysts to automatically generate working applications directly from a client’s business requirements.
Sales & Business Development Account Executive, LATAM
Fulfilled a mandate to enable this technology organization to expand customer base, clearly identified value proposition to customers in the LATAM Region, and increased positive exposure to desired target market. Selected Accomplishment
- Managed and grew pipeline every quarter through prospecting, networking and referral business: Grew sales in LATAM from no customers to 5 customers and growing in 2012. Managed sales and account activities for key client campaigns in assigned vertical market(s) from $ 25K to over $500K.
- Targeted Fortune 500 Multilatinas Accounts and medium-large businesses. Prospected and sold to C Level and VP Level Executives.
- Successfully completed 3 customized software projects from concept to full implementation within 6 months: Obtained business requirements from business users and stakeholders using JAD sessions, brain storming sessions, focus groups and personal interviews on agile and scrum methodology.
- Developed entry market strategies to approach target companies and teams, identified the best technology options and sold corporate solutions for custom application development.
FormVerse Inc., Canada Jan 2008 – Dec 2011
Marketing Business Developer
Sales/Pre-Sales Support and Corporate Communications. Assisted Business Development Manager in the development, implementation, and support of the FormVerse Sales/Marketing activities. Managed 5 direct reports.
Grew sales WW from no customers to 10 customers and growing:
- Defined and translated business/user requirements into system software requirements.
- Produced project plans and schedules, modeled current “as-is” and projected “to-be” business workflow processes. Used UML modeling.
- Prepared and documented the User Acceptance test (UAT) plan and obtained signoffs
- Provided budgeting, forecasting, reporting, scorecard, dashboards and financial consolidations solutions.
- Used Tableau to analyze, track and evaluate sales / marketing campaigns, and build and maintain KPIs.
- Provided Sales Professionals with training and information to support effective product demonstrations and Salesforce adoption.
- Utilized strengths in Spanish to communicate to clients in Latin America and provided relevant demos.
Supported sales efforts through the production of product brochures, manuals, fact sheets, user guides, press releases, media analysis, demo scripts, Q&A and messaging documents.
- Created social media strategies and managed social media platforms.
- Acted as the audience expert and coordinated with team members on SEO, Paid Search (Google, Bing), Google Adwords and Google Analytics.
- Coordinated trade show activities, supported web sites, and online events.
- Identified emerging industry trends and potential client business opportunities through the completion of extensive product, market, industry intelligence, and competitive research.
STATISTICS CANADA, Canada, Jun 2011 – Dec 2011
Junior Statistical Analyst (Night Shift)
- Performed analysis of data collection and related duties for the Census of Agriculture. Collaborated with “Data Chapter” and Business Intelligence team to identify opportunities for improved data efficiency in Customer Success.
Keshet Technogies Inc, Canada Jan 2005 – Dec 2007
Market Intelligence Analyst
Provided reporting and actionable analytical insights into competition, markets, customers and partners to support key business decisions at the global, regional and business unit levels.
- Developed actionable insights from existing datasets available throughout the company.
- Run global analytics and qualitative / customer behaviour studies on requests from key global stakeholders, corporate functions, Divisions or Geographies.
- Utilized diverse techniques for research including SWOT analysis, ROI analysis, competitive analysis, market forecast, and risk assessment; facilitated the informed decisions, rapid expansion and effective market strategy, and managed the use of market research within the whole organization.
- Responsible for the data mining, manipulation, formulate/ propose solution to support new reports
- Partnered with analysts in geographies, divisions or other corporate functions to bring the necessary support, market intelligence expertise and knowledge transfer in order to scale the market intelligence practice efficiently.
- Collected market intelligence best practices across the organization to feed into the company practice and ensure that locally developed analysis and data has the opportunity to be leveraged globally.
- Created corporate press releases and internal communication materials; developed the company’s first whitepapers on issues pertaining to compliance and business process automation.
- Coordinated and assisted the implementation of marketing communication activities, media planning, business collateral development, trade show planning and participation and other communications activities.
Administered and coordinated procurement-related agreements, contracts, documents and data required in and generated from global, regional and local strategic sourcing and category management processes.
- Administered pricing and performance data of strategic suppliers in Oracle eAM system, Alibaba, ILMS/Ariba. Tracked various inventory using excel spreadsheets.
- Supported the ongoing management of global and regional agreements and purchase orders, and generated monthly performance and compliance reports.
Advisory Committee Of Foreign Affairs & International Trade, Colombia, Jan 2001 – Dec 2002
The Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Tourism (Spanish: Ministerio de Comercio, Industria y Turismo) or MCIT, is the national executive ministry of the Government of Colombia concerned with promoting economic growth though trade, tourism and industrial growth.
Market Development Analyst
Worked with a committee to develop strategic programs to promote the city’s export activities, which resulted in the growth of Exportations by 18%within a year.
- Facilitated industry roundtable discussions in order to identify potential export/import opportunities.
- Liaised with entrepreneurs and business stakeholders in the region.
- Managed and updated the development of sectorial summaries used as client handout.
- Interviewed exporters to analyze their business requirements and recommend and design technological improvements to their business processes and operational procedures.
Mantenimientos Ltd, Colombia, Jan 2000 – Dec 2000
Business Process Analyst
Established structure in an unstructured organization by successfully conceiving and achieving the Certification of the Quality Management System ISO 9000:2000 within one year with zero discrepancies.
- Researched, analyzed, designed, reengineered and implemented business processes/procedures to support key business decisions at the global, regional and business unit levels.
- Developed process mapping of current and future business processes.
- Used root cause analysis to recognize issues and develop process improvements that lead to cost savings.
- Coordinated, scripted and produced of responses to SOQs, RFQs, RFPs and Design-Build requests.
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Post-graduate Certificate, Electronic Business Technologies, 2010: University of Ottawa, ON. Canada
- Post-graduate Certificate, International Marketing, 2002: Universidad Santo Tomas, Colombia
- Bachelor of Arts, International Trade 2002: Universidad Santo Tomas, Colombia
Academic Publications: “The Impact and Formation of Confidence within Supply Chain Management Systems” This research was endorsed by the Canadian Supply Chain Sector Council (CSCSC).
CURRENT & ADDITIONAL
Volunteer Affiliation: Digital Marketing & Media Strategy Director, (Red Melog). Developed and executed the organization’s digital campaign annual expo – this event attracted more than 800 patrons in May 2015.
Associations: Canadian Women in Technology (CanWIT), Technology Services Industry Association (TSIA)
Interests: Dragon boat racing, kickboxing, arts, technology and sustainability